Monday, April 22, 2019

EP Release: Under Stars And Waves

Download on Bandcamp
Listen on YouTube

Hi internet,

I'm excited to announce the release of Haunted's next EP, "Under Stars And Waves", out now on YouTube and Bandcamp!

Tracklisting:
I. Under Stars And Waves
II. The Last Dim Light I Breathe
III. Sadness
IV. Leave

I wrote a longer blog post on the conceptual inspirations behind "Under Stars And Waves" last week, which you can read here, but to reiterate shortly, this EP is inspired by the notorious cliffs of Beachy Head (Eastbourne, UK) and their tragic legacy as a suicide hotspot. It is a place whose suffocating atmosphere has lingered with me for years, haunting my nightmares with nostalgic deathwishes and cravings for an ocean-washed ending. I wanted to echo the sorrowful vision of the last moments on Earth atop those towering cliffs, gazing at the endless expanse of breathtaking sea and sky while burdened by a much less beautiful mind.. 

Sonically meandering between the many wavering strands of black metal such as DSBM, ABM, and blackgaze, "Under Stars And Waves", like much of Haunted's work, is authentically eclectic in style, refusing to be bound to any set genre; instead threading fragmented influences into a moonless, bleary eyed vision of life under the stars and death beneath the waves.

You can download the "Under Stars And Waves" EP on Bandcamp for a name your price donation if you would like to support my strange musical endeavours. All £ will be reinvested into music creation and printing merch for summer! All your support is immeasurably appreciated, even if there's only a handful of you jumping in the grave I'm digging  💜 You can also listen to the full EP on YouTube here. Sometime in the nearish future Haunted's discography will also be on iTunes and Spotify - stay updated on Twitter to to stay updated!

I'm excited to release this one into the glistening aether and I hope you enjoy it  x

     - Hysteria

                                           UNDER STARS AND WAVES EP






Debut EP - BLEAK MIDWINTER

No comments:

Post a Comment